Last updated October 1, 2019
Our address is: 5820 Oberlin Drive, Suite 101, San Diego CA 92121.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily submit to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products, registering for our patient registry, or otherwise contacting us.
If you complete our contact form, we will collect your name, email address, company name, phone number and any additional information you choose to provide in the message portion of our contact form. This information is used to contact you and provide you the requested information or respond to your inquiry,
If you register for our patient registry, we will collect your name, country of residence, date of birth, contact telephone number, e-mail address, and condition of interest. We will also request additional personal information which is recognized as being sensitive such as your gender. This information is necessary for us to identify whether you are potentially suitable to be invited to participate in clinical trials as outlined under the heading ‘HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION’ below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our website through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our website; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our website. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
2. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING MECHANISMS
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our website, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our website. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies: Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the website. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our website.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our website who disable cookies will not be able to browse certain areas of the website.
Third Party Analytics
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes (“Business Purposes”) described below, including to:
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications.
- provide information or any updates of our drug development and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- identify and notify you of clinical trials which may be suitable for you to be invited to participate in.
- for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent
Please note that the submission of your personal information via this website does not mean that you will be invited or selected to take part in any clinical trial either now or in the future.
4. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We rely on one or more of the following legal basis for processing of your personal information:
- Contract: We or our service providers may process your personal information in order to perform obligations under any contract, agreement or transaction with you.
- Consent: We may rely upon your specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose. You may withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us as set forth in Section 13, provided that such withdrawal will not affect any use or processing of your personal information prior to receipt of your withdrawal.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your personal information when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate interest such as the Business Purposes outlined in Section 3 above.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your personal information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your personal information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws.
- Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our servers are located in the United States and Taiwan. If you are located outside of the United States or Taiwan and submit your personal information, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in Taiwan, United States, and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area(“EEA), then these countries may not have data protection or other laws as comprehensive as the law of your jurisdiction. By submitting your personal information, you explicitly authorize its transfer, store and process outside the EEA.
If you are not in agreement, please do not submit your personal information on the website.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process or legal obligation to retain your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it. The deletion of records containing personal information is conducted in a secure manner.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access our website within a secure environment.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age (“Child” or “Children”). By ticking the box at the end of “Patient Registry”, you represent that you are at least 13 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to provide such minor dependent’s personal information. If we become aware that a Child has provided BELITE with personal information without prior parental consent, we will remove all personal information provided by such underage user from our database. If you believe we have collected personal information about your Child without your consent, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we remove information about your Child.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions (such as the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal. Your withdrawal of consent is not retroactive. This means we will not remove information that has already been disclosed or processed.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the right to submit complaints to the supervisory authority in your jurisdiction of residence.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. Please note that under this law we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
12. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), by email at email@example.com or by post to:
Belite Bio, Inc.
Data Protection Officer
5820 Oberlin Drive, Suite 101,
San Diego CA 92121